Chili Lime Corn Salad is one of the best side dishes for summer! It goes great with grilled main courses like Chili Lime Chicken, flank steak, or coconut curry salmon, and it’s ideal for a picnic. This dish is simple and refreshing, plus it’s packed with nutrients.
A tasty way to get your daily dose of vegetables. The pleasant balance of textures and the abundance of freshness will delight you. If you have any leftovers, toss the second half with the dressing and serve the next day and enjoy the ultimate corn salad dish ever.
Making Chili Lime Corn Salad
To make corn salad you only need a few vegetables and condiments you can find anywhere at affordable prices. The recipe takes a maximum of 15 minutes to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
You can store Corn Salad in an airtight container for a few days and you can also slightly re-condiment it if you want to preserve its original fresh taste.
How To Make Corn Salad Recipe Step-By-Step
Chili Lime Corn Salad is one of the easiest recipes to make, which only involves three steps. You’ll need to cook the corn, cut the vegetables and mix everything all together in a big bowl after adding some dressings.
Here’s the three-step recipe for making the best summer Corn Salad
This recipe won’t take you longer than 20 minutes to make, and this includes cooking the corn and is perfect for eating it as it is or accompanied with a main dish.
1. Prepare corn as you prefer. If boiling bring a large pot of water to a boil. A large bowl of ice water should be kept handy.
When the water has boiled, add the corn and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer them to ice water to cool for a few minutes once they’re done.
Drain well, then chop the kernels off the corn and place them in a large mixing basin. You can also use canned corn for a faster way of preparing this dish.
2. Saut’e the bell peppers, yellow squash , zucchini and corn. Season with salt, chili lime powder, salt, ginger paste and jalapeño , ginger and more. Read full recipe below!
3. Continue sautéing for 8 minutes. Finish this dish off by adding in honey, lime juice and black pepper.
4. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Tips For The Ultimate Chile Lime Corn Salad Recipe
Although this looks like an easy recipe you can make with your eyes closed, keep an eye out for these tips to ensure you make it perfectly on the first try.
Corn Salad is vegetarian and optimal for everyone to eat, which makes it a great ace under your sleeve to have when family dinners are coming.
- Make it ahead of time. Store this delicious summer Corn Salad in an airtight jar in the refrigerator, and let the flavors mingle. Put the feta on the side until you’re ready to serve to preserve its freshness.
- Include Cheese. Feta cheese would be a great addition to this dish. This add a smooth yet creamy texture to this dish while also increasing the flavors.
- Add beans to upscale the dish. Protein and a heartier dish can be added with black beans or kidney beans. You can also add chickpeas and other similar ingredients for a complete and renovated.
- Use fresh corn cobs. Using fresh corn cobs, not frozen corn, make the greatest salad. Also, don’t overcook the corn or it will lose its wonderful fresh flavor. You can boil them or barbeque them for a smokey flavor that will make your final Salad the best one you’ve ever had.
- Easily chop the corn off the cob. Lay the corn on the cutting board to make it easier to chop it from the cob. With a sharp knife, cut a longitudinal strip of kernels, flip so the flat side is against the cutting surface, and repeat as needed.
What To Eat With Chili Lime Corn Salad
This is more of a side dish rather than a principal meal, therefore the dishes you can combine this recipe with are slightly on the main course side. Take a look at what you can pair Chile Lime Corn Salad with to enjoy the most delicious meal ever.
Would you like to see more? SUBSCRIBE to receive the more recipes! Also, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE or TWITTER.
- 1-2 ears of corn cooked or 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 yellow squash diced into squares
- 1 zuchinni diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red and orange bell pepper small half of each bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili lime seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp jalapeño paste
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium frying pan, add in your extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the garlic paste with bell peppers for three minutes.
- Then, add in yellow squash, zucchini and already cook corn. You can use canned or ears of corn cooked, shucked and cut off the cob.
- Season the mix with chili lime season, cumin, salt, garlic, ginger and jalapeño paste. Continue sautéing for 8 minutes.
- Finish this dish off by adding in honey, and lime juice and black pepper. Allow to rest covered for a few minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm. Enjoy!
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another chicken recipe? Try this Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe next!
Leave a Reply