Spinach and Artichoke Chicken recipe will be your new favorite dinner! Pan-seared chicken breasts in a creamy spinach and artichoke sauce that’s creamy, delicious and only takes 30 minutes to make.
How to make Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
STEP ONE – CHICKEN BREAST – Pan fry the chicken breast until golden brown on both sides then remove and set aside.
STEP TWO – GARLIC, SHALLOTS & BUTTER – Once the chicken is removed on medium heat add butter, garlic and shallots. Cook for 3-5 minutes until caramelized.
STEP THREE – ARTICHOKE – Add in the artichokes and water or chicken stock if using (I used water and Better than Bouillon).
STEP FOUR – HEAVY CREAM & SPINACH – Throw in the heavy cream and spinach. Mix everything together !
STEP FIVE – BETTER THAN BOUILLON – Lastly, add better than bouillon into the sauce, this will add a ton of flavor !
STEP SIX – ADD PAN FRIED CHICKEN – Cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Covered halfway for 7 minutes and 3 minutes uncovered. Check the chicken with a thermometer to insure that it is cooked all the way at a record of 165˚.
This is an average recipe that contains ingredients you may use daily so take a peek in your refrigerator! I promise, it will come together quick and be so delicious. Make sure to serve with your favorite vegetables and enjoy !
CAN I USE FROZEN SPINACH?
Yes, absolutely. To use frozen spinach instead of the fresh spinach, just thaw out the spinach and squeeze as much moisture out as possible. Add it to the sauce exaclty when fresh spinach is added in the directions.
TIPS ON THIS RECIPE
● When pan frying the chicken make sure to cook it long enough to pick up color.
● You can use heavy cream, milk or half and half. If using anything other than heavy cream to make the sauce thicker add 2 tbsp of flour to the liquid.
● Replace ‘ Better than Bouillon” by using chicken stock or chicken bouillon cubes.
● Refrigerate left overs due to using milk in this recipe or it will spoil.
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast- this is about 4-5 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ onion- finely chopped medium
- 2 shallots
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts
- 4 cups Fresh Spinach (about 4 cups) coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp better than bouillon
- First, pan fry the chicken breast until golden brown on both sides then remove it from the cask iron skillet and set aside.
- Once the chicken is removed, on medium heat add butter, garlic and shallots to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes until caramelized.
- Add in the artichokes and water or chicken stock if using ( I used water and Better than Bouillon).
- Lastly, throw in the heavy cream and spinach. Mix everything together!
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Covered halfway for 7 minutes and 3 minutes uncovered. Check the chicken with a thermometer to ensure that it is cooked all the way at a record of 165˚.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and enjoy !