Steak Eggs and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich is a classic morning option for kids and adults due to its incredible flavor and easy preparation.
If you’re looking for the best Steak, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast recipe, below you can find detailed instructions and all the ingredients you need to nail this dish, as well as some tips and tricks to make it like a professional chef. Save this recipe for later, and keep on reading!
The Truth About Breakfast Sandwiches
Breakfast sandwiches, especially steak, egg, and cheese, are a simple and delicious option to start your day. They don’t take long to make, and most of the ingredients you need are already in your home, or you can quickly run to the store and acquire some without spending much money.
If you’ve ever gone on a road trip and stopped by Mcdonald’s or a gas station, you probably ordered this breakfast sandwich. This sandwich is a McDonald’s steak and cheese copycat that I hope you will enjoy. It is the one you’ve asked for and the one you will never forget!
Steak Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients
This McDonald’s Steak Egg and Cheese copycat might seem like a full-course meal, but it is the most uncomplicated and delicious breakfast sandwich you can make to kick off your day in the best way possible.
- 2 Bagels
Pan Seared Steak
- 2 Ribeye Steak
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 Rosemary
- 1 Onion
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 4-5 Gouda Cheese
- 2 tbsp Water
Steak Egg and Cheese Breakfast Recipe Step By Step
This breakfast sandwich step-by-step recipe has only 4 phases that will take no more than 25 minutes. Not only does this Steak Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich taste incredible, but you can make multiple at a time.
Here’s the four-step recipe:
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat (use one with a lid).
Add the oil and wait for it to heat. Once that’s ready, add your steak pieces, rosemary, garlic or garlic paste (optional), to give it flavor. Sauté for around 3-4 minutes or until the steak is done.
In the same pan cook onions to absorb all those flavors. For additional flavors add worcestershire sauce to the onions while cooking.
2. In a small bowl, add eggs, salt, and milk, and whisk the eggs in a mixing dish until thoroughly blended. Using a spatula, move the eggs around. Once the eggs cook thoroughly, add your cheese and water, and cover the skillet with a lid until it has melted.
3. Turn off the heat and mix the eggs with the steak once they’re almost done. In the skillet, arrange the steak and eggs in a uniform layer. Add your cheese and cover the skillet with a lid until it has melted.
4. Using a mini food processor add all ingredients below to make the sauce. Check below!
5. Assemble the sandwich by spreading sauce on each bagel. Place the scrambled eggs on top, then the steak, onions, and sauce. Finish off with the bagel and enjoy!
How to make copycat McDonald’s steak egg and cheese bagel sauce
Here is where you can visually see how I created this amazing Copycat McDonalds Steak Eggs and Cheese Sauce.
You can easily prepare this sauce by adding all the ingredients listed below. All ingredients listed can be found in your pantry or at a local supermarket.
How to Store Steak
You can store the leftover steak mixture and sauce in an airtight container (separately) in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Make sure to let it completely cool before storing.
How To Make The Best Breakfast Sandwich Ever
This recipe is excellent, but if you want to know all the details and cook it like a professional chef, here are some valuable tips.
● You can use any meat. I choose ribeye, but you can use any other cut you’d like. Make sure it is properly cooked before eating.
● Before cooking the ribeye steak make sure you remove all the moisture using a paper towel. The result are endless and leads to a crispy steak.
● Use fresh bagels for the absolute mouth-watering breakfast sandwich. Bagels, biscuits, croissants and other pieces of bread are the go-to for this recipe, and you can get them in any supermarket.
● Add tomatoes and lettuce for the whole experience. If you want to eat a super and complete breakfast sandwich, you can add other vegetables to keep your stomach full until your next meal. Plus, vegetables count as a healthy option.
More Breakfast Recipes
Steak Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Bagels
- 2 Ribeye Steak 1 inch cut
- 2 tbsp avacado oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 rosemary
- 1 onion medium
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4-5 gouda cheese
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp worcheshire
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 chipotle chili in adobe sauce
How to make Steak for Breakfast Sandwich
- Season steak with salt. On medium-high heat. Add the oil, steak pieces, rosemary, and garlic to give it flavor. Sauté for around 2 minutes, flip, add butter, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Set aside once finished.
- Using the same pan, saute your onions until they caramelize. Use Worcestershire sauce for seasoning (optional). Add two tablespoons of water and cover to soften for a minute or two.
How to make Scrambled Eggs with Gouda Cheese
- In a small bowl, add eggs, salt, and milk, and whisk the eggs in a mixing dish until thoroughly blended. Using a spatula, move the eggs around. Once the eggs cook thoroughly, add your cheese and water, and cover the skillet with a lid until it has melted.This eggs recipe should take about 4-5 minutes if you want fluffy eggs.
- Toast your bagel in the oven or toaster if you have one. Then on to the next few steps!
- Using a mini food processor, add 1/4 cup mayo, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 tbsp water, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1 chipotle chili in adobe sauce, 1 tsp worcheshire, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 cup cilantro. Blend for until smooth.
Last Few Steps!
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading sauce on each bagel. Place the scrambled eggs on top, then the steak, onions, and more sauce. Finish off with the bagel and enjoy!
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another to pair with is one ? Try these Steak Eggs and Cheese Plate next!