May 17, 2022 | Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Patricia Valbrun
Sweet Chili Lime Chicken is a classic recipe you must try this year. It has all the rich nutrients of the chicken perfectly combined with a sweet hot sauce that brings out a unique flavor. This is a typical recipe but with a twist, and it doesn’t take long to cook.
Keep reading for the step-by-step instructions, ingredients, and recipes to pair this sweet chili lime chicken recipe.
Chili lime chicken is one of the best sweet and spicy food combinations you could ever taste. It involves a well-cocked chicken with the most delicious marinade sauce that gives the chicken a surreal flavor.
Since you’re using chicken and a homemade sweet hot sauce, it is the perfect recipe for a healthy diet and meal planning. If you use a large saucepan and small chicken breasts you can have several meals cooked at once, saving you a lot of time.
Further, this recipe tastes amazing and doesn’t change flavors when reheating, so you’re good to go!
This sweet chili lime recipe can be easily done with common ingredients found in your pantry combined with any part of the chicken you prefer. Here’s the complete list of ingredients for cooking the finest chili lime chicken.
- chicken (breasts, thighs, wings)
- 1/2 tbsp chile lime
- 1/2 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic and herb
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp jalapeño paste
- 1 tsp cilantro paste
You can also include other spices and ingredients if you feel like adding your own touch to the recipe. Also, you can make the sweet chili lime sauce from scratch too, see the next paragraph for reference!
Sweet Chili Lime Step By Step
The recipe only takes about 30 minutes to cook or less and it is perfect for spicing up your typical weekly meals.
The flavor is incredible and the recipe is rich in nutrients and has the right amount of calories to keep you full and content. If you want to know how to make this sweet chili lime chicken recipe, keep on reading!
1. Marinate chicken with all ingredients listed below.
2. In a large pan, heat oil, add your chicken and cook until it starts turning golden brown then bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl mix together your chili lime honey sauce spices and condiments and slowly base the chicken until its drench in the sauce.
4. Cover the chicken for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to settle and enjoy!
What Is Sweet Chili Lime Sauce?
Sweet chili lime sauce is a homemade traditional health conscious sweet and hot chili sauce with an added sweetening ingredient, like honey or agave to create a contrast with the spicy Jalenpeno.
You cannot purchase this sauce from your local supermarket you can only make it yourself by combining these pastes such as ginger paste, garlic, cilantro and jalapeño. Simply stir all the ingredients until blended and you’re ready to add your sweet chili lime marinade to the recipe.
This three-step recipe is already easy enough, but to make it even easier, here are a few tips for cooking the best sweet chili lime marinade and chicken to spice up your daily meal planning.
- Use large boneless chicken breasts. This ensures a fast and evenly-cooked recipe, thus certain chicken parts that contain bone need a few more minutes to be ready, but you can choose any part you want. Make sure to cut a piece of the chicken to see if it’s ready before turning the stove off.
- Marinate the chicken overnight. If you have time, this will allow the meat to absorb all the flavor from the sweet chili lime sauce. When overnight marinating is not possible, leaving your chicken for about an hour in the sauce will bring that extra flavor just fine.
- Use lime juice only. Although it might seem like a small change, replacing lime juice with lemon juice will alter the recipe’s taste, so make sure to only use lime juice.
- Meal plan with this recipe. For those using this recipe as a meal-planning option, using a large saucepan and small chicken breasts (or any part) can help you cook more than one portion, perfect for storing in the fridge and reheating whenever you want, and having a delicious and healthy meal.
This sweet chili lime chicken recipe can be paired with many side dishes, and here are the top best ones for a top-class homemade meal full of flavors and nutrients:
Sweet Chili Lime Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp Chicken seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Lime seasoning
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Herb
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cilantro Paste
- 1 tsp Jalenpeno Paste
Sweet Chili Lime Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Cilantro Paste
- 2 tsp Jalenpeno Paste
- 1/4 tsp Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Marinate chicken with all ingredients listed.
- In a large pan, heat oil and place chicken into your pan to cook for 5-7 minutes total until it starts turning golden brown. Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together your chili lime honey sauce spices and condiments. Once the chicken is down cooking in the oven, slowly base the chicken until its drench in the sauce.
- Cover the chicken for 5 minutes with alluvium foil to allow the sauce to settle and enjoy!
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another chicken recipe? Try this Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe next!