May 12, 2020 | Last Updated on January 14, 2023 by Patricia Valbrun
If there’s a perfect stew it would this delicious Vegetable Curry Stew (Vegan). It almost has everything from thyme, onion powder, scallions, ginger, garlic and curry. It’s also the best comfort food for when you need a little pick me up or just want something delicious.
This vegetable curry stew remind me of my Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe without the chicken of course. Vegetables slowly cooked absorbing all the flavors making this dish amazinly delicious. This recipe is so good you would of never guessed it was vegan!
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CURRY STEW
You may want to prepare this dish for Sunday dinner with close family and friends because its a crowd pleaser! We enjoy this Curry Stew with some fresh pita bread, salad or white rice.
STEP ONE: WASH THE LENTILS
Give the lentils a nice wash and drain the water and set aside for later.
STEP TWO: COOK THE VEGETABLES
In a medium size pot, add olive oil then veggies. Cook the vegetables until translucent then add seasoning and continue cooking for another minute or so.
STEP THREE: COCONUT MILK & WATER
Add coconut milk, water and let the stew cook for 25 minutes.
STEP FOUR: YUCA, POTATOES AND CARROTS
Ten minutes in, add yuca (pelled, cut and washed). Cook with the lentils for the remaining 15 minutes . Once 15 minutes is up add in carrots, potatoes and anymore seasoning needed.
If wanting to add dumpling now is the time . Dumplings need to cook for at least 10 minutes steamed in liquid . Cooking time for this dish should vary from 35-45 minutes. Season to your liking and enjoy !
It’s so easy to make dumplings, make them from scratch using all the things in your pantry ! A simple recipe that makes the dumplings airy soft and buttery. Start by using 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 2 tablespoon butter, 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Form small sized balls using your hands to your desired size. Drop each ball into your stew once theres only 15 minutes. Cook on medium low heat covered. Walla !
TIP ON HOW TO MAKE CURRY STEW
• Non vegan recipe option by adding chicken or any pf your favorite meats.
• Enhance the flavor by adding some cloves and my Haitian Green Seasoning or even a scotch bonnet pepper for a little spice.
• Store in the freezer sealed up to 3 weeks.
MORE CARIBBEAN RECIPE OPTIONS:
Would you like to see more? SUBSCRIBE to receive the more recipes! Also, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER.
Vegetable Curry Stew
- 2 cups lentil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 cups water
- 2 green onion
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yuca
- 3 small potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 vegetable bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 6 springs thyme
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Give the lentils a nice wash and drain the water and set aside for later.
- In a medium size pot, add olive oil, onion, green onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook the vegetables until translucent then add seasoning and continue cooking for another minute or so.
- Add in the coconut milk and water and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ten minutes in, add yuca (pelled, cut and washed). Cook the stew for a remaining 20 minutes . Once 20 minutes is up add in carrots, potatoes and anymore seasoning needed.
- You can now add in your dumpling once you only have 10-15 minutes left. Enjoy !
Did you enjoy this Vegan Lentil Stew recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. You can find more healthy recipes here.
Chili Lime Corn Salad
Chili Lime Corn Salad is one of the best side dishes for summer! It goes great…
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken recipe will be your new favorite dinner! Pan-seared chicken breasts in…
Fresh Cod Fish Recipe
A simple and quick recipe for Fresh Cod Fish Recipe. Seasoned cod fillets seasoned with…
Leave a Reply