These Pineapple Jerk Chicken Kabobs are a colorful and tasty meal for any season and so very easy to make! Marinated in a pineapple jerk seasoning this recipe is perfect for spring or summer meals outdoors with family and friends !
Pineapple Jerk Chicken Kabobs are anything but boring and taste like a party in your mouth! With juicy pineapple, colorful bell peppers, zucchini and savory onion, these chicken kabobs are fresh with a kick of jerk season that helps combine all these flavors together making this dish so delicious and perfect for entertaining.
- Preparation: Getting these Jerk chicken Kabobs together is all kinds of awesome. You can make them in a pretty pattern or personalize it. I gathered them by size and kept it going until I ran out.
- Marinate: Marinating the meat helps add so much flavor! You can use any type of marinade you like but for these kabobs we will be using jerk seasoning to give it a Caribbean vibe.
- Fruit + Meat: Pineapples can be a great fruit to use with meats . It’s kind of like eating rice and chicken inside of a pineapple bowl. Yes, fruit is good with meat just like it is on pizza so just do it, pineapple with anything is wonderful!
- Oven Baked vs Grilled: The struggle is real if you live up north around this time because it’s cold and just not the best time to get on the grill but that’s okay, get your ovens ready to bake these bad boys. Now, if you live further south or anywhere, where its warmer around the winter time, enjoy grilling these kabobs and getting that perfect grill mark that we all love.
- Pretty Colors: These Oven Baked Jerk Chicken Kabobs are so colorful and pretty! They’re get your family and friends together eye-popping Instagram worthy.
Pineapple Jerk Chicken Recipe
As for the Pineapple Jerk Chicken Kabobs recipe itself, it’s super simple. First, whip up the marinade ahead of time by combining the spices and various oils and juices. The chicken needs some time to marinate before cooking. Save the marinade to baste while the kebobs are in the oven also for the Jerk Pineapple Sauce.
Important: One more important thing to note, is to make sure you soak the skewers before you put them in the oven or on the grill because they will burn.
Once you’re ready heat up your oven, go ahead and thread the chicken, peppers, zucchini, onions and pineapple on the skewers. Lay the pineapples on your baking tray to allow them to roast. Don’t forget to baste! Bake the chicken until done, which takes about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven!
Jerk Pineapple Sauce
Jerk Pineapple Sauce is made of jerk seasoning, pineapples, cloves, garlic, onion, green onion, soy sauce, brown sugar and all the rest of the ingredents listed below.
A Marinate is a blend of herbs and seasonings made to add moisture to meats, fish etc. when baking, grilling or frying. As the marinade sits, it allows the flavors to release and become one with each other, which helped with making this amazing Jerk Pineapple Sauce.
- First, you want to add all the marinade that is left over from the chicken and vegetables inside of a blender removing all the pimento seed, trust me you do not want those pimento seeds inside your sauce.
- Throw in those roasted pineapple to helps boast the flavor and blend altogether.
- Heat up a small pot, add honey, water, orange juice, barbeque sauce and allow to simmer and thicken. If you want the sauce thicker you can add cornstarch or some more pineapples. If you’re worried about the sauce being too sweet, reduce the amount of honey.
- You have enough options to make it your own so enjoy!
- 4 chicken breast cut in cubes
- 14 skewers
- 2 1/2 tbsp jerk season walkers wood
- 6 pimento seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions
- 6 thyme springs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can pineapple
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- black pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 12 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp jerk season walkers wood
- 1 1/2 tbsp jerk seasoning salt
- 3 pimento seeds
- 2 springs thyme
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- olive oil
Jerk Pineapple Glaze
- Marinate sauce remove pimento seeds
- Orange juice
- Roasted Pineapples
- BBQ sauce
- In a large bowl add chicken and clean with water, lemon and vinegar. Remove liquid then cut chicken into cubes.
- In the same bowl add chicken and all marinade ingredients such as walkerswood jerk seasoning pimento seeds,soy sauce, garlic, scallions, thyme, brown sugar, orange juice, olive oil, pineapple, pineapple juice,black pepper. Mix all together and marinate inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating set skewers in water for 30 minutes – hour.
- Cut all vegetables in the same size so everything cooks evenly. In a large bowl add all vegetables and all marinate ingredient. Remove liquid and set aside for later. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 400F.
- Once chicken and vegetables are done marinating place on skewers in your desired order. Repeat until all chicken and vegetables are done.
- Set a tray with alluminun foil and place pineapple on tray and chicken kabobs on top. If you run out of space on the first trey use a second tray add the marinate from the chicken to the tray.
- Cook kabobs for 15-20 minutes.Removing any thyme and garlic on the kabobs so it doesnt burn. If you cook any longer then this time the chicken will be overcook. Rotate 10 minutes in and baste with marinade.
Pineapple Jerk Sauce
- In a blender, add left over marinade from the tray and vegetables with roasted pineapple. Blend until well combined.
- In a small pan on medium low heat, add the sauce that we just blended, honey, water, orange juice and bbq sauce. Simmer until it thickens.
- Baste chicken with sauce and enjoy !
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another chicken recipe? Try this Teriyaki Chicken next!