Fried Lobster Tail is a decadent dinner made with large lobster tails smothered with a buttery garlic herb sauce then deep fried making these lobster tails tender and juicy. The ultimate satisfaction!
The Best Lobster Tail Recipe
Once you learn how to cook lobster tail, you’ll want to make it all of the time. It’s so easy and so delicious! Lobster tails are great served with Green Beans, Creamist Mashed Potatoes or our very best Macaroni and Cheese.
How to Buy Lobster
This is important! If you want the best fried lobster tails, you will have to start with great lobster that is not overpriced. It is best to buy cold water lobster, this helps to avoid tails that are soaked in sodium tripolyphosphate. This will ensure that the lobster does not taste like ammonia. A few things to look out for when buying lobster.
1. Make sure that it is not discolored on the meat.
2. When cooking it will turn out mushy and sometimes flavorless.
3. Avoid tails soaked in sodium tripolyphosphate.
These are great things to look for when purchasing high end seafood.
How to Butterfly a Lobster Tail
• Shell-side up, point lobster tail away from you.
• Take your kitchen scissors, and start at the center of the shell, and cut toward the end of the tail, cutting the shell and the top of the lobster meat. Stop cutting when you hit the end of the tail.
• Flip the tail over and using your thumbs, press down on the center of the tail. This is called cracking the ribs on the back on the lobster.
• Flip over and carefully insert your thumb between the shell and the meat, and loosen the meat, detaching it from the sides. Be careful so you don’t cut your fingers on the sharp shell.
• Loosen the sides, but leave the meat attached to the base of the shell. Lift the meat up and out of the shell, and set it on top of the shell, while keeping it attached to the base.
Now it should look pretty, restaurant style and you can move forward with the cooking of the lobster.
How to Cook Lobster:
This recipe is so easy, I can’t stress it enough! Lobster tails can be intimidating being that it’s no secret that they’re pretty expensive and not too many people know how to get around the shell on top but I am here to tell you they are easy and make a holiday or dinner turn into an extra special night. Most ingredients you already have at home!
Clean: Start off by rinsing the lobster tails with cold water and alittle lemon to wash off any debris.
Prepare: Preheat stove top 365F. Start by preparing the lobster. Using kitchen shears butterfly the tail by cutting down the center. Loosen the meat and pull the lobster meat upward.
Create flour mixture:In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, all-purpose seasoning, old bay and set aside.
Wet batter: Next, in a medium size bowl add milk, egg and old bay.
Season: Lightly season the lobster with yellow mustard. This helps create a nice crispy golden color after fried.
Coat and Fry: Start off coating the lobster in first the flour mixture, then wet mixture and back into the flour mixture again.
Fry for 4-5 minutes and enjoy!
After preparing your lobster tails, you will make a butter garlic herb that will be poured over each of the meats sticking out. This is the best part in keeping the lobster nice and juicy! It truly just melts in your mouth leaving you speechless.
More Seafood Recipes You’ll Love
Fried Lobster Tail
- 4 lobster tails
- vegetable oil fill pot less than half way
- paprika dash
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare: Preheat stove top 365F. Start by preparing the lobster. Using kitchen shears butterfly the tail by cutting down the center. Loosen the meat and pull the lobster meat upward.
- Create flour mixture: In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, cornmeal, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, all-purpose seasoning, lemon pepper, old bay and set aside.
- Wet batter: Next, in a medium size bowl, add milk, egg and old bay. Mix until everything is well blended
- Season lobster: Lightly season the lobster with yellow mustard. This helps create a nice crispy golden color after fried.
- Coat and Fry: Start off coating the lobster lightly in the flour mixture, then wet mixture and back into the flour mixture again. Fry for 4-5 minutes and garnish with garlic butter sauce and enjoy!
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another Seafood recipe? Try this Cajun Butter Shrimp recipe next!