November 9, 2020 | Last Updated on November 9, 2020 by Patricia Valbrun
This is The Best EVER Banana Bread – easy to make, moist, perfect banana bread that is crisp on the outside and comes out perfect every time. NO mixer required!
How to Make Banana Bread
I’ve probably made this banana bread recipe a thousand times ! Its a staple recipe that everyone should have in their collection. Learn how to easily put together this banana bread with a few steps.
In a large bowl mix together the all purpose flour, salt and baking soda.
In a medium bowl add your melted butter and granulated sugar.
Next, mash your bananas with a fork then add it into your butter and egg mix . Also, add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix !Be sure not to overmix or it’ll be dense and chewy instead of soft and moist.
Mix the two together just until moist (image below, your batter should be lumpy).
Pour into a greased pan and bake for 50 minutes at 375F.
Why We Love This Recipe
• Quick This recipe so quick and easy to prepare, you’ll have it ready in no time.
• Easy Ingredients The ingredients needed are always things you have on hand. No grocery store run needed!
• No-Fail This recipe turns out perfectly every time, I mean every time.
• Extra Moist The banana bread in this recipe is deliciously moist and crisp on the edges.
Brown Butter Icing
I promise you this banana bread its good on it own but even better with this brown butter icing. Its one of those things you add to your bread and its makes it impossible to stop eating .
In a small pot brown the butter. Make sure to not burn the butter as its easy to do.
Next, Slowly add in the powder sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
This is how your icing should look once done. The icing does tend to thicken and dry quickly so you can easily add more milk if this happens.
Now pour your icing right on top and you’re all done !
Tips for Success
Make sure your bananas are ripe! I’m talking the darkest bananas possible – or at the very least, yellow with streaks of brown on the peel. The riper they are, the more flavor and sweetness they’re going to add.
If you’re not a fan of small banana chunks in your bread, you can blend the bananas instead of just mashing them. But for banana-lovers, a good, old fashioned mashing with a fork (as shown in the video) is all it takes.
When I say that you need to coat the pan with nonstick spray, I mean it. Make sure you cover every inch to ensure your loaf comes out easily when it’s done.
Don’t have sour cream? You can substitute the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
How to Store Banana Bread
Banana bread should last about 3 days tightly sealed on the counter.
To FREEZE: You can either freeze the loaf as a whole or slice it and freeze the slices. To defrost heat it in the microwave for a few seconds or even sit it on the counter and it’ll defrost in time for lunch!
Best Ever Banana Bread
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Brown Butter Glaze:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix together the all purpose flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl add your melted butter and granulated sugar.
- Next, mash your bananas with a fork then add it into your butter and egg mix . Also, add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix !Be sure not to overmix or it’ll be dense and chewy instead of soft and moist.
- Mix the two together just until moist.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake for 50 minutes at 375F.
Brown Butter Icing
- In a small pot brown the butter, it takes about 5 minutes cooking slowly.
- Next, add in your powder sugar, milk while stirring. Then, add in your vanilla extract. All done !
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another dessert recipe? Try this Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling recipe next!