November 5, 2019 | Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by Patricia Valbrun
This Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon recipe is the best salmon recipe you will ever have! Fresh Salmon stuffed with cream cheese, garlic, and spinach. You will love this dish as an everyday meal for lunch or dinner.
Salmon is one of my favorite meats. Yes, its meaty, flavorful and I would trade it for a piece of steak any day. Being that I don’t eat beef that’s any easy one but I know you’re like what? Confused. I know but don’t freight they’re so many recipes I have to recreate your imagination just like this one here.
However, you prefer it steamed, baked or pan fried, salmon will take you to all different levels. You can make it steamed with butter and rosemary, pan fried so its flaky and melts right in your mouth like butter or baked with pepper flakes, minced garlic, herbs umm so good.My favorite salmon recipe is Chili Lime Salmon,Honey Garlic Salmon,Marinated Grilled Salmon and Creamy Tuscan Salmon.
SALMON MAIN INGREDIENTS
Salmon Fillet. Try to get fresh thick salmon fillets that are all about the same size. I’d avoid salmon tail since this part is hard to stuff.
Regular Cream cheese or Onion & Chives Cream Cheese. For extra flavor we’ll be using a seasoned cream cheese. If you use regular cream cheese you will need to add more seasoning to the mixture.
Mozzarella and Parmesan: You’ll need a cheese that melts well in the mixture. A good brand of pre-shredded cheese should work and these two combined are great.
Fresh Spinach vs Frozen Spinach. Either or works you can use what you have on hand. If you use the frozen spinach you will have to drain out the liquid first.
Olive Oil and maybe Butter: Or the oil of your choice but use both. Butter for the nutty crispy edges and oil to balance the butter so it doesn’t burn.
Garlic: Using both garlic powder and real garlic adds more dept of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED SALMON
1. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. Inside a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, parmesan, spinach, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
2. Using a knife, slice a slit in each salmon to create a pocket. Stuff pockets with cream cheese mixture.
3. Over medium heat, sear salmon for about 6 -7 minutes on both sides then remove from pan. Then cook minced garlic, lemon juice, butter.
4. Add butter sauce to salmon and garnish with more lemon and parsley, Serve warm.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STUFFED SALMON
Serve this Spinach Stuffed Salmon with your favorite side dish! It pairs really well with fresh salads, roasted or steamed vegetables, grains, and pasta. Here are some ideas for you:
Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 4 salmon skinless optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Creamy Spinach Filling
- 4 oz Frozen Spinach chopped
- 4 oz onion & chives cream cheese regular (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- salt / pepper to taste
Garlic Lemon Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, parmesan, spinach, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Using a knife, slice a slit in each salmon to create a pocket. Stuff pockets with cream cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add salmon and cook until seared, about 6 -7 minutes on both side then remove from the pan.
Garlic Butter Lemon butter Sauce
- In the same skillet cook garlic cloves, lemon juice, butter, lemon wedges.
- Add butter sauce on top of the salmon. Garnish with more lemon and parsley, Serve warm.
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another salmon dish? Try this Chili Lime Salmon recipe next!