December 6, 2019 | Last Updated on February 3, 2021 by Patricia Valbrun
This Sweet Chili Salmon recipe makes dinner quick, easy, and simply delicious! The combination of sweet chili sauce, chipotle lime and soy sauce makes the sauce on this salmon absolutely irresistible.
Sweet Chili Lime Salmon is a little sweet and spicy and makes an easy, healthy dinner. Salmon fillets are coated with a chipotle sauce sweetened with honey and then pan fried. Its flaky, moist and just incredibly good.
It’s one to experiment if you’re looking to try new salmon recipes. My favorite salmon recipe are Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon , Honey Garlic Salmon,Marinated Grilled Salmon and Creamy Tuscan Salmon.
What’s the BEST fish to make ?
If you have been around long enough you know my love for salmon. One of the second recipes I ever put out on my blog. Salmon is one of the best fishes to cook and experiment with, in my opinion and it does not leave you disappointed. It picks up flavor so well and is easy to cook.
Just about 10-15 minutes you can have the best salmon you’ve ever had. Pan-fried, seared, or poached salmon, you can have it anyway especially when cooking healthy recipes. Your choice in seasoning can vary.
For this particular salmon dish the popular ingredient for me was the chipotle lime seasoning and sweet chili sauce. How often you get to use chipotle lime seasoning and sweet chili sauce together in one recipe? Not often huh. Well its time to put it to great use .
How to make Chile Lime Salmon
Seasoning the salmon insures that it will have great flavor as salmon does tend to need it but also make sure to not over season.
1. Season salmon with accent, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle lime and set aside.
2. On medium heat, heat the olive oil making sure the pan is hot before adding salmon. Then, add the salmon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minute on each side and remove.
3. In the same pan, add sweet chili sauce, honey and soy sauce. Allow it to simmer then add the salmon back to the pan and coat the sauce all over the salmon and serve.
Salmon Preparation Tips
Crispy Salmon: Regardless of whether or not you rinse the fish, dry the salmon very well with paper towels. Water is the enemy of a good crisp sear.
Remove Moisture: Right before pan frying, add that salt, not before or the salt will add moisture back to the fish.
Temperature of Skillet: Make sure your pan is hot enough before adding the fish so it does not sick. The pan should make a sizzling noise, that means is hot.
How long to sear salmon: Cook the fish skin side down first. You can cook the fish 90% on the skin side and the remaining time 15-30 seconds on the other side depending on the thickness.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STUFFED SALMON
Serve this Spinach Stuffed Salmon with your favorite side dish! It pairs really well with fresh salads, roasted or steamed vegetables, grains, and pasta. Here are some ideas for you:
Sweet Chili Lime Salmon
- 4 salmons skinned
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter optional
- 1/2 tsp accent
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chipolte lime seasoning
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Season salmon with accent, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipolte lime and set aside.
- On medium heat, heat the olive oil making sure the pan is hot before adding salmon. Then, Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minute on each side and then remove.
- In the same pan cleaned make the chilli lime sauce for salmon. Add sweet chili sauce, honey and soy sauce. Allow it to simmer then add the salmon back to the pan and coat the sauce all over the salmon.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another salmon dish? Try this Creamy Stuffed Salmon recipe next!