These Crispy Lemon Pepper Wings are juicy chicken wings fried to golden brown perfection then tossed in a lemony butter glaze! They are the perfect appetizer for your next game day gathering and they will keep you coming back for more! For a healthier option try my Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken!
Lemon Pepper Wings come down to a few simple ingredients:
I love to make these wings for any occasion because they are so appetizing, full of flavor and just delicious. These Lemon Pepper Wings have to be one of my favorites. Its most definitely on the top list next to my Sticky Honey Buffalo Wings or Buffalo Cauliflower.
All Purpose Flour/ Cornstrach
This is one of my favorite ingredients that I use for frying chicken. It creates the most perfect crunchy bite that makes fried chicken so irresistible. When combined with flour, it helps create a golden-brown crust on the outside of the chicken that also becomes a barrier that helps the chicken stay super juicy inside.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Widely available in most grocery stores, lemon pepper is a seasoning blend made of salt, pepper, dried lemon zest, and a few other additions like garlic, onion powder, and sometimes sugar. A few brands may add a celery salt too.
Part of what makes restaurant wings so darn delicious is that they are often tossed in a melted butter wet sauce after cooking. (Buffalo wings are a stellar example of this). We’ll be doing the same in a more moderate, though still super satisfying, amount.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER WINGS
CLEAN & DRY – Lemon Pepper wings are one of our favorites ! Fried to a crispy perfection. first we start off by washing our meat and drying with paper towel so insure a crispy skin.
STEP ONE –Create FLOUR BATTER -In a large bowl combine flour, cornstratch and salt. Mix and set aside.
Set aside on a rack while your oil is warming up to allow access flour to fall off.
STEP TWO – Heat VEGETABLE OIL – On high heat warm up the oil to 350Fº (check by using you thermometer). Add scallion to help remove oil smell from your home.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER BUTTER SAUCE
You can easily make this lemon pepper butter sauce in seconds. Simply heat your skillet on medium low. Melt the better and then add your lemon pepper seasoning. Bring everything to a simmer and all done.
TIPS ON LEMON PEPPER WINGS
● Use a thermometer to make sure your frying oil is at the correct temperature. You want your oil to be somewhere between 350- and 375-degrees F. If the oil is too hot, the wings will burn before the insides cook through. If the oil is too cold, your wings may absorb excess oil and be overly greasy.
● I typically use vegetable oil to fry my wings, although any oil with a high smoke point will work, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil.
● These wings are best served immediately when they’re piping hot and super crispy. You can serve your wings as-is, or add a dip on the side such as ranch.
Lemon Pepper Wings
- 30 chicken wings party style wings cut into sections
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- vegatable oil for frying
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- lemon wedges and parsley sprigs for serving optional
- In a large bowl or pan add chicken wings, flour, cornstrach and salt .
- In a large pot heat up oil to 350F and fry chicken wings until golden brown then remove and set on rack to drain the excess oil.
- In a small pan melt butter and add lemon pepper seasoning. Allow the butter sauce to simmer then remove from stove. Pour lemon butter sauce all over the wings and coat evenly.
- Garnish with parsley and more lemon wedges.
Did you enjoy this Southern Side Dish recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. You can find more side dish recipes here.