December 11, 2019 | Last Updated on February 4, 2021 by Patricia Valbrun
Sticky Honey Buffalo Wings are the ultimate game day feast. Learn How to Make the BEST Baked Chicken Wings in the Oven. Oven baked wings made crispy and juicy and utterly irresistible!
How to Make Sticky Honey Buffalo Wings
While deep frying wings is delicious, these oven baked wings are crispy and delicious and just as good without the mess of the oil. To make perfect buffalo hot wings, you want to make the chicken wings as crispy as possible.
How to Make Baked Buffalo Wings:
1. CLEAN with Lemon and Vinegar
2. DRY: The chicken wings must be super dry before placing them in the oven. You can dry them by squeezing the wings with paper towels, or by placing them on a rack and letting them air-dry for hours. Or both!
3. SEASONING: Inside a zip lock bag, add all of your seasoning plus baking powder. Baking powder (aluminum-free) is the secret ingredient to make the skins turn extra crispy in the oven. Now, add your chicken to the zip lock bag and shake until wings are well coated.
4. BAKE wings at 400F for 50 minutes.
How to Make Your Own Honey Hot Wing Sauce Recipe
The secret to making smooth buffalo wing sauce,whisk the cornstarch into the buffalo sauce once it has cooled down a bit or mix it with a little water first (I do it either way).
Homemade Honey Hot Wings Sauce (or Honey Buffalo Sauce) consists of five simple ingredients:
Hot Sauce (Frank’s RedHot)
The texture gives you a deep-fried feel but it’s really baked. It has a kick of buffalo sauce and also sweetened with honey. Just the perfect balance!
Tips for Crispy Wings in the Oven:
Dab Dry with paper towels (wet wings steam, dry wings crisp)
Dredge Lightly with baking powder. Wings should be lightly coated.
Just Chill Allow the dredged wings to chill uncovered for a bit before baking.
Sticky Honey Buffalo Wings
- 2.5-3 lbs trimmed chicken wings (often called party wings)
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds ground
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tablespoon franks hot wings sauce not orginal hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 teaspoon cornstratch
- Preaheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl mix all dry seasonings . Pat chicken dry and add to a ziplock bag and pour in dry seasonings and shake the bag until the chicken is well coated.
- On a baking sheet spray non stick spray and add all the chicken and cook for 45-50 minutes until well done.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstartch and hot wing sauce until theres no lumps of the cornstratch visible
- In a small pot on low high heat add hot wing sauce mixture that was made with the cornstratch to pot, honey, butter and molasses. Allow to simmer and turn off stove.
- In a large bowl add half chicken wings half of the sauce and coat even repeat until all chicken is coated and sauce is gone.
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another to pair with is one ? Try these Plantains next!
A pot of this Authentic Louisiana-style Red Beans and Rice epitomizes comfort. Tender beans, tons of aromatics,…
New Orleans Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a celebration New Orleans bold flavors and…
This Jamaican Jerk Marinade’s simplicity in preparation makes this jerk marinade recipe a go-to choice…
Bite into a slice of Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza with tender and flavorful jerk chicken,…
Wait till you try this BRAZILIAN Fish Stew (Moqueca Baiana)! Brace yourself for an irresistible tomato…
One of the best things about the Spicy Watermelon Margarita is its versatility. It can…