August 11, 2020 | Last Updated on August 11, 2020 by Patricia Valbrun
If you’re looking for an easy and no-bake dessert to make, try this Banana Pudding Recipe! It tastes good and you will surely enjoy the layers of goodness.
HOW TO MAKE THE BANANA PUDDING
PUDDING – In a glass bowl, add two boxes of vanilla pudding and pour two cups of milk.
Stir the mixture until it gets nice and thick. After that, add your sour cream and fold it in.
Once you’ve folded the sour cream nicely, add the cool whip and mix it properly.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla and mix again. Set aside while you cut up some bananas, thickness depends on your preference. Personally, I like the slices to be not too thick.
LAYERING THE PUDDING – Get a pan for your pudding and start layering. Layer the cookies first then add the bananas then go ahead with the pudding you set aside. Repeat the layering process until you get to the top.
When you’re done with the layers, top it off with cool whip and the remaining cookies. Leave in the fridge overnight.
There you have it! The easiest Banana Pudding! If you’re looking for a quick and delicious recipe to make for those last-minute cravings or lunch/dinner with family, you have to try this. Serve this after a hearty dish like Spinach and Artichoke Chicken and they will surely have a full and enjoyable meal.
BANANA PUDDING RECIPE TIPS
- Make sure to use vanilla pudding and not banana pudding, this tastes better and will complement your ingredients better.
- When you add the cool whip, break it up nicely especially if you just took it out from the freezer. Breaking this up will give you a smoother pudding consistency.
- Leave on the fridge overnight. This pudding will taste so much better if you refrigerate it overnight.
- Don’t throw away the cookie crumbs! Sprinkle it on top of the pudding for presentation and added crunch.
- When you’re building your layers, make sure to cover the bananas sufficiently with the pudding mixture, this will help to slow down the browning of the bananas.
- Use new vanilla wafers. Using old vanilla wafers will have a stale taste.
- If you want your bananas to be sweet, use ripe bananas but not too ripe as they will not last long in the pudding.
HOW TO STORE THE PUDDING
Store your pudding in the fridge, cover it with a wrap or store it in a tumbler. It should last you 2-3 days, during this period, your banana might change and not look their best but, they will definitely still taste delicious.
If you’re wondering if you can freeze it, I recommend not freezing it since it will change the consistency of the pudding. Also, since it’s so easy to whip up, you can just make another batch once you ran out of it!
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve it as it is or cut it in slice and serve on a platter. Have fun with presentation and sprinkle leftover cookie crumbs. You can even top it off with a fresh slices of banana and whip cream. If you’re serving it to kids, treat them by adding chocolate chip cookies.
CAN YOU ADD/ USE DIFFERENT FRUIT?
YES! However, since this is a banana pudding recipe, the main fruit is banana but you can definitely experiment by adding different fruits! Now if you want to try a different fruit as the main ingredient, you can do so. The pudding mixture would still be the same only with different fruit.
You might also like:
Would you like to see more? SUBSCRIBE to receive the more recipes! Also, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE or TWITTER.
- 6 bananas
- 2 box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups Cool Whip mix ½ cup inside pudding
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 box Cheeseman Cookie
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
Making the Pudding
- In a glass bowl, add two boxes of vanilla pudding, then pour two cups of milk.
- Stir the mixture until it gets nice and thick. After that, add your sour cream and fold it in.
- Once you've folded the sour cream nicely, add the cool whip and mix it properly. Add a teaspoon of vanilla and mix again. Set aside while you cut up some bananas, thickness depends on your preference. Personally, I like the slices to be not too thick.
Layering the Pudding
- Get a pan for your pudding and start layering. Layer the cookies first then add the bananas then go ahead with the pudding you set aside. Repeat the layering process until you get to the top.
- When you're done with the layers, top it off with cool whip and the remaining cookies. Leave in the fridge overnight.
How did you like this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Looking for another pasta recipe? Try this Salmon Rasta Pasta recipe next!
Spicy Watermelon Margarita
One of the best things about the Spicy Watermelon Margarita is its versatility. It can…
Easy Blueberry Simple Syrup Recipe
Easy Blueberry Simple Syrup Recipe adds a sweet and fruity flavor to drinks, making it…
Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini
Behold, the tantalizing Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini – a captivating cocktail that will tantalize your…
Spicy Paloma Cocktail
The Spicy Paloma is a must-try cocktail for anyone who loves bold and delicious flavors….
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam is a delicious and creamy addition to any coffee or…
Iced Caramel Latte
An Iced Caramel Latte is the perfect way to beat the heat and enjoy a…
Leave a Reply