The Ultimate Baked Zitii classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with beef, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. So EASY and so good!
This Ultimate Baked Ziti just hit a home run y’all ! As I was putting this recipe together I knew it was going to be good, I also hoped that I didn’t leave out any ingredients but I usually write them down as I cook. I enjoy putting together my own cheese mixes with making baked pasta dishes like Mac & cheese, lasagna, baked ziti because its just makes the dish wholesome and homey. The homemade meat sauce is soo yummy ugh ! It seems like a ton of ingredients but I promise its very repetitive so don’t get discouraged.
How to Make Baked Ziti
1. In a medium size pot add olive oil and cook onion, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add ground beef, red wine, Caribbean season, garlic, onion, tony’s season, bail, salt, pepper.
3. In a medium boil, Add ricotta, egg, sour cream, basil, Italian season, mozzarella, parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder1 tsp red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Set aside
4. In a large baking dish or cask iron skillet. Add meat sauce, pasta, meat sauce again then ricotta cheese mix and spread evenly. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella cheese and parsley to garnish.
5. Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and bake minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Meat sauce layered in pasta, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, all your favorite ingredients packed in one. Its meaty cheesy and outright, just damn good. When you take your first bite of this baked ziti you know you lived right to enjoy it. Invite some friends over or make this dish for the perfect gathering.
Baked Ziti Meat Sauce
This lean Bolognese is made with ground turkey instead of ground beef as used in the recipe but the result is just as delicious! Plus, finely chopped onions and bell peppers are incorporated into the sauce (undetected!) for an easy way to eat more vegetables. Serve this healthy, hearty sauce with your favorite pasta, or over polenta with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
You can make Baked Ziti Ahead of Time! Simply prepare as directed and refrigerate up to 24 hours. You may need to add an extra 5-10 minutes bake time if your recipe is chilly from the fridge.
To Reheat Baked Ziti use either the microwave or pop back in the oven on a low, slow heat. Reheating baked ziti doesn’t change the texture or the flavor, but adding an extra layer of shredded mozzarella to the top freshens it up just a bit!
Ultimate Baked Ziti
- 1 box pasta
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 20 oz crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tonys season
- 1 tbsp caribbean season
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups mozzarella top layer
- parsley to garnish
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- italian season
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a medium size pot add olive oil and cook onion, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ground beef, red wine, caribbean season, garlic, onion, tonys season, bail, salt, pepper and cook down for another 10 mins and cook for 10 minutes while chopping peices together until all the meat has browned.
- Once meat has brown, add crushed tomato sauce and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes on med low heat. After 1 hour, remove 1 cup of the liquid on top of the sauce and add brown sugar, tomato paste, fennel seeds, salt and pepper and cook for remaining 40 mins.
- Boil pasta for 10 minutes follow instrustions on the box . While meat is cooking were going to prepare the cheese sauce.
- In a medium boil, Add ricotta, egg, sour cream, basil, talian season, mozzarella, parmesan,onion powder, garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Set aside
- In total 2 hours add half of the meat sauce to pasta and half of the ricotta cheese mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- In a large baking dish or cask iron skillet. Add meat sauce , pasta, meat sauce again then ricotta cheesemix and spread evenly. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella cheese and parsely to garnish.
- Preheat oven on 350 F. Cook for 55 minutes total. 35minutes covered 20 minutes uncovered until top is nicely golden brown.