December 17, 2019 | Last Updated on November 16, 2021 by Patricia Valbrun
I am ready to present to you the best easy Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes! Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple pancake recipe that uses only the most basic ingredients and a pretty topping of caramelized pineapples.
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. I love to be creative with whatever I’m making; the extended time always leads to brunch.
That’s the reason why I love these Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes. I’m all for them. Pancakes are easy to make, which helps keep up with the breakfast fame, especially during the weekends.
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
As a child, upside-down pineapple cakes were my favorite! My sister was the only one that made it, and it was always delicious—reminiscing those memories of tasting the batter, just yummy.
In my opinion, the best part was the cake or maybe cake to pineapple ratio. Either way, you have. It was one of those simple cakes to make and one you always looked forward to.
Inspired by the classic dessert cake, this pancake recipe is perfectly delicious on its own if you are ever craving a stack, try it with the addition of a brown sugar sprinkled pineapple, covered in vanilla cream butter. You won’t think twice about making this time and time again.
Tips for Making Fluffy Pancakes:
● Don’t over mix. Be sure not to over mix your pancake batter so that you don’t get tough, dense pancakes. Lumps are ok.
● Use a flat cooking surface. For a nice looking pancake, cook on a flat surface. A griddle is preferable.
● Make smaller pancakes. Don’t make your pancakes too large, or they’ll be difficult to flip.
● When to flip a pancake: Your pancakes are ready to be flipped when you see plenty of bubbles coming through the surface and the edges are set.
● Pancake mix-in ideas: Mix ins make these even more fun! Try adding sprinkles, chocolate chips or fresh fruit to your batter.
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- 2 cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 can pineapples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- whipped cream for garish
- dash cinnamon for garish
Vanilla Butter Cream Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/4 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Did you enjoy this Breakfast recipe? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. You can find more like this recipes here.